Main »» Help using the site
|Table of Contents|
|This tool will enable you to populate the travel information one time and check that information on multiple travel sites. Options are available to compare flight, hotel, car and vacation prices and availability.|
|News and Articles|
|News from the editors of the web site and also news submitted by readers of the seetheglobe.com web site. Various categories are present including travel reviews, hotel reviews, restaurants, travel gadgets, to name just a few. Any registered member can suggest a news story.|
|Book and Video Catalog section|
|Select books or videos based on location or alphabetical order. Click on 'View Full Details' to see all available information for the specific book or video title. Purchase the book or video by clicking on appropriate link. Google and Ebay search are autopopulated to enable further research.|
|This section serves as a hub for reviewing any travel related resource on the web. Categories exist for most popular and most used resources, like airlines, hotels, restaurants. Please suggest additional categories and resources.|
|Travel Directory section|
|Travel Links are presented here categorized by their purpose.|
|If you are departing on a journey, have great stories to tell and would like to keep a blog on the seetheglobe.com web site please let us know.|
|Log In / User Registration|
|SeeTheGlobe.com is an interactive site. Anything can be commented, discussed and reviewed. Any visitor to the site can view all the information. Commenting and posting on the site is however limited to registered users. Registration is free. Click on the Log in / Register link below the main banner to log in or register.|
|About Us section|
|General information about the site, frequently asked questions, help on using the seetheglobe.com web site.|
|Simple way to contact the site editors. Input your information and questions and click to send. In case you misspell seetheglobe and type in seetehglobe or see teh globe you can still reach this site through a Google search.|
|Chester's Travel Specials|
|Chester scours the web to bring you the best travel deals available. Act fast because these are only limited time deals.|
|Where in the World is ...|
|Find the location of any country in the world on the interactive map ...|
|Travel Packing Checklist|
|The Packing Checklist will enable you to print all of your travel information within one document.
1. Populate the following fields in the checklist: Traveler, Trip Info, General Info, Flight Info, Hotel info and Car Info.
- The fields can be populated with confirmation numbers, codes, flight numbers, addresses, and other data of your choosing.
- Number of characters for each field is limited. Please remove any extra spaces from your entry.
- It is not mandatory to populate the above fields.
- Leave field empty to omit them from final document.
2. The data will be compiled into one PDF document for easy referencing of your confirmation numbers, codes, flight numbers, addresses, and other data that you entered.
3. Scroll down on the main page and access the checkboxes for your Travel Packing Checklist preferences.
- Categories for the Travel Packing Checklist are: Transport Mode, Trip Duration, Climate, Activities, Accommodations, Gender, Age of Travelers, Traveling Abroad and Purpose.
- Leave all boxes checked for full unabbreviated list.
4. Click on "Preview Checklist and Travel Info Document".
5. Review your travel information and packing checklist on next page.
- Click on the available links at the top to:
- Access the button to generate PDF
- Return to the previous page and make corrections.
6. Click on button to generate and download PDF document that compiles all entered data. Save the PDF document to your computer or print it for reference.
7. The data entered is not saved on the server. Safeguard your personal information after downloading and/or printing it.
8. Click <a href="/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=3#q24">here</a> for more detailed instructions. Suggest new items or improvements to this document <a href="/modules/liaise/">here</a>.
<b>Tips and Hints:</b>
- Leave text fields empty and checkboxes checked just to print a travel packing checklist.
- Copy and paste just the relevant information into the fields. All fields have a limited number of characters available.
- Default PDF document name will be Travel_Packing_Checklist_for_ appended by your "name" entry.
- View a sample PDF printout on the <a href="http://www.seetheglobe.com/modules/stgcontent/index.php?id=5">checklist</a> page.
- Some browser security settings might not allow downloading of PDF documents from web sites.
|Find Travel Agent|
|Results for the "Find Travel Agent" directory have been provided by DMOZ Open Directory Project. It is updated regularly by volunteers around the world. Submissions to this directory are processed at the http://www.dmoz.org site.|
[ Back to Index ]